Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

First Post

Well technically this is not my first post, I originally started this blog to track my wedding planning progress. I decided that was crappy and who wants to read that all the time. I have started following a bunch of great food and fitness blogs, and decided I will start there! I may never be as great as them, but alas I plan to share my plan to keep getting fit(er) and eat better for our upcoming wedding March 26.


Over the past few years my weight has fluctuated greatly, and just 3 years ago I worked out with a trainer, dropped a load of $$ and 20 pounds, and was 10pounds lighter then I am now. I was always active playing sports, racing canoes, hiking, snowboarding, dance, but my weight in High School and College flucuated between 170 and 180. I didn't realize that I didn't eat healthy or that I ate a lot. My family always had sweets around, although we didn't eat fried food or fast food (McDonald's) we didn't always eat the most balanced dinners. I didn't like a lot of vegetables, and was a pretty picky eater.













High School- Junior Year 2000 (Maybe?)
















Japan 2005



















December 2007




But my job was a 1 to 10, I had plenty of time for the gym and eating healthy. Then I took a promotion which = stress followed by a new job which was H-E-L-L, and was fired 6 months in. 1 1/2 years after the first promotion and starting to date Ed I was up about 30 pounds. On my 5'11" frame that may not seem like a lot, but I cried the day at the doctors in June when she asked what happened. I couldn't blame my thyroid, they tested me for all kinds of diseases, I was insisting that I still ate healthy and worked out, but I was in denial.
























Our first picture together
(My 25th Birthday party)
February 2008






















Christmas 2009

































Jennie's Wedding July 2010 (She has an excuse she was 4months preggo!)
Me- 185




I got smart, started working out again, eating healthy and by January was down 15 pounds. Actually getting fired in August was the best thing for my health. In January I convinced my Fiance Ed, who had also gained about 20/25 pounds on his 6'4" frame to start working out with me, and we signed up for No Boundaries at Fleet Feet Sports.

By the end of the training I was down to only 167 pounds, but you could see the difference in my legs, face and stomach (which has always been pretty flat). Eating healthy again has helped combat my Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and I hope to get to a healthy weight of 160 pounds. Stay with me on my journey, and see how Ed and I continue to progress as we train for a 10k with No Boundaries in the Fall followed by the Princess Half Marathon and finally our wedding!!




















Teal Ribbon Run May 2010



Stay tuned as I continue on my journey to the Princess 1/2 and our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment